- Doug Saunders, Globe and Mail, Canada
“If you are a foreign journalist working in London, the FPA is the club to belong to. It will save you time and money and it’s the right place for networking and meeting interesting people.”
- Eduardo Suarez, El Mundo, Spain
Benefits of membership• UK Press Card issued to journalists by the FPA as a member of the UK Press Card Authority
• Access to FPA briefings: We have hosted Gordon Brown, Nick Clegg, David Miliband, Lord Mandelson, Alex Salmond, Sir Stuart Rose, Jim O’Neill and many others
• Invitations to join FPA press trips: recent trips include - the Olympic Park site, Wimbledon (All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club), the Darwin Centre at the Natural History Museum, the National Archives, DSEi Defence Exhibition, University College Hospital, plus trips to Brussels, Cambridge & Norfolk
• Full use of all the facilities at the Commonwealth Club: including Member’s Lounge with extensive newspaper selection, meeting & interview rooms which can be booked on an ad hoc basis, work stations, free wireless broadband, bar and restaurant. Click here for more details
• Frequent email updates on events, press releases, Government announcements, the Olympics
Full MembershipTo qualify for Full membership, applicants – including freelance journalists - must be fully accredited to a foreign newspaper, periodical, news agency, radio or television organisation.
A minimum of seventy-five per cent of accountable journalistic income must be derived from media abroad.
Applications must be accompanied by a letter of introduction from the applicant's main employer on headed notepaper.
Two examples of the applicant's most recent work – or web links - must also be included.
Application forms should be fully completed and accompanied by two passport-sized photographs together with payment (credit card or cheque) covering the entrance fee and the first year's annual subscription.
Annual Subscription - £225.00
Entrance Fee (one off payment) - £150.00
Total initial payment - £375.00
The Committee will consider applications for this category of membership from non journalists - particularly press and cultural representatives of foreign (overseas) embassies and High Commissions, public relations officers, and those whose sphere of interest is related to the objects of the Association and to the work of its full members.
Annual Subscription - £290.00
Entrance Fee - £240.00
Total initial payment - £530.00For more information and to receive an application form, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE NOTE: The UK Press Card indicates that the holder is a bona fide journalist, but implies no automatic right of entry or right to work in the UK. It is the responsibility of individuals and the organizations they work for to secure the correct permissions from the UK Border Agency www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk